Gay guide Gothenburg
Gothenburg (Göteborg) is the second largest city in Sweden, located on the west coast.
Gothenburg was founded in 1621 and is a port city. The port grew the economy especially in 1700 with the booming import by the "Ostindiska kompaniet" bringing goods from the far east. The city is sometimes called little London because of a wave of immigrants from the UK during industrialization. When it comes to the industry it's perhaps most famous for being home to Volvo.
What to see and do
- Way out west: A large music festival that's arranged every year.
- Liseberg: The biggest amusement park in Sweden with many rides and attractions.
- Gothenburg's art museum: Three stars in Michelins Green Guide. Large collections from 1400 until present.
- Trädgårdsföreningen: One of the best preserved parks from 1800 in Europe. Here you also find the Botanic garden with over 16.000 types of plants.
Frequently asked questions
How to get to Gothenburg?
From Stockholm or Malmö it's best to take the train. Gothenburg also has an international airport called "Landvetter".
Do they speak English in Gothenburg?
Yes, almost all swedes speak English pretty well. It's been mandatory to learn since 1952.
Is there gay life in Gothenburg?
Yes, there is, but the whole city is very open-minded and gay-friendly, so there are not that many gay restaurants and bars. One exception is Bee which is more straight-friendly.
Latest updated locations:
- Jupiter2018 - Bangkok, Thailand
- FORFUN STORE : Fetish & Bdsm Fashion & More - Bangkok, Thailand
- NY.Club - Munich, Germany
- The Werkroom - Munich, Germany
- MLC München - Münchner Löwen Club e.V. / UnderGround - Munich, Germany